Does your dog lunge at people, or dogs while you’re out on a walk? Are you worried about resource guarding and already having conflict between dogs in your home? Is your dog showing signs of aggression when new people walk in?
We can do everything right and still end up with a dog that has some serious behavioural challenges. It’s exhausting, sometimes embarrassing, and frustrating to see your dog struggle, knowing that deep down they are such a great dog.
If any of the above sounds familiar, the Behavioural Modification Program may be for you. Over years of working with complex behavioural cases, I’ve found the best success came for clients who worked with me regularly and over several months. One-off private training sessions didn’t provide the time needed to work on these more complex issues which require solutions and plans as unique as your dog which also evolve with your dog. This program allows us to work together as a team and provide you and your dog with the plan you need to gain the confidence you want when handling your dog, know what to do to prevent unwanted behaviours, and learn the skills to help change those behaviours for long term results.
The program includes:
- A 90 minute kick off first session to conduct an assessment of the behaviours and provide initial instructions
- A detailed written behavioural modification plan following the first session
- A 60 minute session every 3 weeks for a total of 5 follow up sessions (lasting 4.5 months)
- Support via Whatsapp or email during the week every week of the program
- Video reviews of any training, behavioural modification work or behaviours throughout the review
- Updated exercises throughout the program as needed
- A copy of Doggie Language by Lili Chin
This program is available in-person in Revelstoke, virtually, or a combination of the two.
For in-person training outside of Revelstoke, a fee of $0.50/km is charged. If you are in any surrounding towns, please reach out, on occasion multiple training appointments in your location can reduce travel fees.
If you’re not sure which service to book, you can book a free phone consult to discuss your current challenges and which option would best suit your needs.